It's through touch that you first communicate and
interact with your baby, as you and your partner
stroke your belly to say hi and convey your love.
– Sight, Touch, Hearing and Smell.
Baby massage encompasses most of the senses
Do you know that your baby’s sense of touch begins to develop as early as 7 to 8 weeks of pregnancy? And it's through touch that you first communicate and interact with your baby, as you and your partner stroke your belly to say hi and convey your love.
Baby massage encompasses most of the senses – Sight, Touch, Hearing and Smell. Therefore, it is an excellent programme that will help your baby to develop all round. Not only does it promote bonding and provide relief, it provides the adequate stimulation that baby needs for brain development, enhancing baby’s memory and focus.
The practice of massaging babies is an art passed down from generation to generation in various cultures. Vimala McClure, founder of The International Association of Infant Massage (IAIM), combined traditional practice with her own ideas and created this technique that has been widely practiced in many countries around the world since the 1970s. The IAIM programme has helped many parents understand their baby’s nonverbal language and respond with love and respect through the natural process of touch.
Benefits for the Baby
promotes secure attachment, communication, one-to-one quality time, nurturing touch, and sense of respect
of circulatory, digestive, vestibular (coordination and balance), hormonal, immune, nervous, and respiratory systems
of gas and colic, constipation, growing pains, muscular tensions, and excess mucus
improves sleep patterns, regulates behavioural states, and reduces stress
Benefits for the Parents
Learn to read your baby’s cues
Gain self confidence in caring for your baby
Spend quality time with your baby
Help with postnatal depression
Great opportunity to meet fellow parents
What do you learn?
The 5-session IAIM Course Curriculum includes:
- Massage conditions
- Engagement and disengagement cues from baby
- IAIM massage strokes on legs & feet, stomach, chest, arms & hands, face and back
- Gas & Colic routine
- Gentle movements
- Adaptations of massage for your growing child & for your older child/ren
Who is this programme for?
This programme is designed for parents of 0-12-month infants. We welcome babies to be themselves. They can cry, sleep, poo, feed and do nothing in class! And parents can do whatever you need to answer your baby’s needs.
Why does it take five weeks to complete the IAIM programme?
In each session, which is about 45 to 60 minutes long, you will be taken through a series of different activities that incorporate massage, touch, voice, eye contact and many other interactions. You will need time to practise the techniques with your baby at home, and each session, we will learn new strokes and build on those previously taught. Babies will take a little longer than adults to integrate and accept massage in their lives. Hence, five sessions is the optimal duration.
What is the cost involved?
- Group classes (min 3 pairs for parent(s) & baby to start a class*): $250
- Private 1-1 classes (at your home): $500 for 5 private classes
- Trial class: $60 (group class) / $120 (private class)
*Group classes will be conducted at Four Trimesters Birth Sanctuary or at your venue (if you can find two more friends to start a group class)
For 2020 group class schedule (1 - 5 sessions):
• Feb 2020 series: *1, **5, 15, 22, 29 2020 (Saturdays, 10-11am, *11am-12pm; **Wednesday 1-2pm)
• Mar/Apr 2020 series: 21, 28 Mar, *1, 11, 18 Apr 2020 (Saturdays, 10-11am; *Wednesday 1-2pm)
• May 2020 series: 2, *9, 16, 23, 30 May (Saturdays, 10-11am; *1-2pm)
• Jun/Jul 2020 series: 27 Jun, 4, *8, 18, 25 Jul (Saturdays, 10-11am; *Wednesday 1-2pm)
• Aug/Sep 2020 series: 15, 22, 29 Aug, *2, 12 Sep (Saturdays, 10-11am; *Wednesday 1-2pm)
• Oct 2020 series: 3, *7, 17, 24, 31 Oct (Saturdays, 10-11am; *Wednesday 1-2pm)
• Nov/Dec 2020 series: 21, 28 Nov, *5, 12, 19 (Saturdays, 10-11am; *1-2pm)
Name: Ong Hui Tze
Hp: (+65) 9767 1687
Third Party Affiliates: As part of our service to you, Four Trimesters may offer workshops and/or services provided by third party affiliates. Four Trimesters disclaims any and all liability, including any express or implied guaranties, refunds or claims for such third party services.