Homebirth Doula Package
The Doula Homebirth Package is for clients who are planning to birth at home.
- 2 Prenatal Sessions
- Birth Support
- 2 Postnatal Visits
For first time parents, the Doula Homebirth Package will only be available to clients who have attended our Antenatal Classes.
Your primary Doula will be with you throughout labor and birth and the secondary doula will come and help out when requested by the primary doula and they will stay to help you with the baby’s first feed.
Homebirth Doula Package: $2,695
(2 Prenatal Sessions; Birth Support; 2 Postnatal Visits)
The Homebirth Doula Package is for clients who are planning to birth at home.
Prenatal sessions are held in the comfort of your own home, unless preferred otherwise, and would take about 2 hours each time.
During the first prenatal session, your Doula will discuss the role & scope of a Doula and how we are going to work together; find out your needs for the pregnancy, birth and postpartum; go through the home birth plan; and answer any other questions you may have.
During the second prenatal session, your Doula will discuss the common signs of early labor and when and how to contact her; check the logistical set-up for a homebirth or home water birth; in case of transfer to the hospital, when to go to the hospital and what to expect when at the hospital; your hospital bag; demonstrate hand-expression of the breasts and answer any other questions that you may have.
You will notify your primary Doula when you are in labor and allow her at least an hour to get to you from the time you have requested for her to be with you both. Your primary Doula will be with you throughout labor and birth and the secondary doula will come and help out when requested by the primary doula and they will stay to help you with the baby’s first feed.
The first postnatal visit is scheduled a day after the birth to ensure that the baby is breastfeeding well, as well as to debrief the birth. Assuming that all goes well from the first postnatal visit to the second postnatal visit, the second postnatal is scheduled when the milk comes in between day 3-5 and the last postnatal visit will be done at the end of the first week or into the second week.
Please note that all postnatal visits are spontaneous based on how both parents and baby are doing, so sometimes the visits take place on consecutive days instead of being spaced apart, depending on the situation. Additional visits are charged at $180 per visit. We will also take the weight of the baby using our portable scale at every visit.
– We will provide continuous support during pregnancy, birth, and early postpartum via email/ phone/ whatsapp. We set up a Whatsapp group chat between the father, mother and her team of doulas to keep the communication open and flowing. We will close the whatsapp group within 4 weeks of the mother giving birth.
– Birth Log & Photos: A written birth log and photos (if any) will be emailed to you within 4 weeks of your birth.
Terms & Conditions:
- You are required to register at your choice of hospital, in case transfer to hospital is required.
- If you have already utilized any of the services, there will be no refund.
- In the situation of an emergency cesarean after signing this contract, there will be no refund given to you. Your Doula will not be able to accompany and support you during the cesarean due to hospital regulation unless the hospital allows it.
- Should you give birth before you finish the private prenatal sessions in your doula package that you have signed up for, these will be exchanged for postnatal sessions.
- Should you need any additional sessions apart from what is already included in this agreement, these will be invoiced separately. Every additional prenatal session will cost $235 for a two-hour session and every subsequent ½ hour will cost $55. Every additional postnatal session will cost $155 per session (1-2 hours). The visit(s) will take place at a location of your choice.
- If you live in Sentosa, there is an additional $30 transport fee surcharge for every visit. For appointments between 11pm to 7am, there is an additional $100 after-hours surcharge per visit.
- If you choose not to utilise some/all of your postnatal sessions within thirty (30) days of your birth and/or when you signed up for this package, whichever is later, the remaining postnatal sessions will be forfeited.