Dona Postpartum Doula Workshop – Singapore
DONA International certification sets the bar for doula education and professional development. It indicates to families that a doula has achieved a high level of training and professionalism.
Learn about the growing and expanding role of the postpartum doula (in Singapore).
- DONA International; Scope of Practice; and Code of Ethics
- Communication & Reflection Listening
- Prenatal & Postnatal Contact
- Case Study Discussions & Framework
It is skill-learning day as we delve deep in understanding how to support women and their families with important information that is helpful through early postpartum.
- Transitions into Parenthood
- How Birth interventions interferes with breastfeeding
- Postpartum Changes in the mother
- Postpartum Depression
- Understanding Baby’s Zones & Newborn Care
The morning starts heavy as we invite mother(s) who have suffered losses to share their story, their grief, and their journey to healing. However, we end on a much lighter note with hands-on sessions on learning how to baby wear safely and the different options of baby wearing before we move on to learn about newborn reflexes and baby movements.
- Loss & Grief
- Birth Debrief
- Baby Wearing
- Baby Movements
Day 4 is hands-on day where the postpartum doulas get to put what they have learned into practice. Participants will be given time to prepare as well as be guided through their practice sessions.
- Demonstration of Postpartum sessions with volunteer mothers & babies by Doula Trainer
- Postpartum Doulas practice their skills with volunteer mothers & babies
- Debriefing practice sessions
- Closing reflections and moving forward!
Terms & Conditions:
We will only start a workshop with a minimum of 5 participants. We will inform you at least 2 weeks before the start the workshop, if not sooner, if the workshop is confirmed. If not, we will refund you the workshop fees that you have registered and paid for.
Once the workshop is confirmed, fees paid are non- refundable and non-transferrable.
Four Trimesters Birth Sanctuary, 119 Holland Road, Singapore 278563