Four Trimesters Antenatal Classes enable parents to have an easy, short, relaxed and comfortable birth, gently welcoming their baby into the world.
What makes the Four Trimesters Antenatal Classes very unique is that is it taught by practising Birth Doulas who are also in the know of what actually happens at the birth be it at the hospital or home births as well as actively supporting women and their families postnatally.
Class 1: Hypnosis for childbirth
Work with your subconscious mind and your emotions towards the birth that you want.
- Introduction to Hypnosis for Childbirth: How and why it works
- The innate design of your pregnant and labouring body and how it helps you deliver your baby
- The Power of Affirmations: How fear affects labour and techniques to work through your fears
- Deep Relaxation and Hypnosis
Class 2: Preparing your Body for Birthing
Learn techniques to use for relaxation during labour. Learn techniques to use during pregnancy to prepare your body for birth.
- Hypnosis for Childbirth: Breathing and Relaxation Techniques
- Spinning Babies* Anatomy and Right Obliquity
- Spinning Babies* Balancing, Movement and Gravity exercises for Pregnancy, Labour and Birth
- Prenatal Bonding through Belly Mapping and Belly Painting (optional: only if time permits)
Class 3: Writing your Birth Plan
Make informed choices about your childbirth options to optimize the birth situation regardless of the outcome. Bridge the gap between what you read, what you understand, and how to apply the knowledge learned.
- Writing your Birth Plan
- Understanding the benefits and risks of common medical routine procedures to make an informed choice
- Communicating your Birth Plan to your Healthcare Providers
Class 4: Labor & Birth
Integrate prior learning and incorporate it into labour and birth. Equip yourself and your birth partner with strategies to handle the progression of labour.
- How labour starts and the stages of labour
- When to go to the hospital and what to expect
- Comfort measures to cope with labour for both you and your birth partner in a progressive labour
- Spinning Babies* techniques to use to help labour to progress if it slows down or stalls, or to use in a complicated labour
Class 5: Breastfeeding
Understand the art and science of breastfeeding.
- Introduction to your Baby Care Plan
- Understand your baby’s needs in the first hour after birth
- Learn about the physical changes you will experience in the days after the birth
Class 6: The Fourth Trimester
Understand baby’s needs and communication. Prepare yourselves for bringing baby home.
Baby Zones in a 24 hour period
- Ready Zone: Eating & Playing
- Resting Zone: Light & Deep Sleep
- SOS: Skin Color, Movement, and Breathing
- Rebooting: Crying/ Fussing
- Daily Essentials:
- Skincare; Diapering; Bathing Do’s & Don’ts; Cord Cleaning; Baby Massage; Burping
- Baby Wearing
- Green Baby & Shopping Essentials (optional reading)
Changes within your relationship & Parenting Styles
- Introduction to Gottman’s Bringing Baby Home
- Understanding Stages of Development
Your Baby Care Plan
• Four Trimesters Antenatal Class Workbook
• Pens and easy reference information sheets
2.Weekly emails & Whatsapp
WhatsApp group chats will be created where participants will receive summary of what we covered in each class and links and resources for further reading.
We also encourage open communication and discussions in the WhatsApp group chats.
3. Email Support
You can email your instructors your questions or concerns during the duration of the course.
We will serve home-baked cakes, fresh fruit, sandwiches and beverages. Should you have any food restrictions, kindly prepare your own snacks.
Terms & Conditions:
We only start classes with a min. of 5 couples and maximum 12 couples. Schedules might change, we will inform you directly at least 2 weeks before the start of the first class, and offer you other options.
If you miss a class, you will have the option to either join another group class if there are available spaces or top up the difference of SG$150 and have a private session (up to a total of 2 hours, every subsequent hour will be charged at $55).
We do not offer refunds for group classes. Fees paid are non-refundable and non-transferable. For more information, please go to Frequently Asked Question section.
Four Trimesters Birth Sanctuary, 119 Holland Road, Singapore 278563